Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moving Along!

Hi!

This week has been great :) I've been working a LOT with Elder Fowdy, my new companion. We've got some good things happening here in Leschenault. Elder Fowdy's from England. He's been out about 18 months, and he's very diligent.

We have/had a baptismal date! His name is Jake, and he's 9. His mom is a member who's been coming back to church. He's really cool. The family is very nice, too. They're moving to Australind, (about 10 minutes away) in 2 weeks. Still in the same ward, but it's in the other elder's area. Hahaha. It was great, his mom has committed herself to coming to church every week again. She's setting a good example for her son, and her husband as well. :)

We've also got a really cool investigator we just started teaching this last week! Her name is Wendy. We taught her about the Book of Mormon, and committed her to read it. She has a great faith, and wants to follow it. We had a good lesson with a member coming along as well, and the member invited her to church! She wants to come, and was willing, but she really wants to be able to bring her family along as well. So we're going to help her out. She's very friendly.

So, I've discovered that I already know several families in Leschenault ward! I've met family members from all over WA, including Karratha! Hahaha, it was so cool. I also ran into the Williams family, which was great. Cameron Williams was the mini-missionary that I spent a few days with last year. Sunday fun. We had a member from up in Heathridge (Perth) that was visiting, and asked to give the lesson in the Gospel Doctrine Class. He spoke a lot about member-missionary work. We had a good class with him, and I think he did a good job of encouraging the other members.

Well, I love you all! I hope you're all happy and such :) Happy Summer!

Oh wow, I just realised that it's almost summer vacation! And Graduation! :D

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment