Friday, December 28, 2012

We all survived!

Everybody! Merry Christmas! (Oh yeah, and we all survived Dec. 21, too.)

I got to call the family! It was so great to be able to talk to everyone, and hear all your voices :) Unfortunately, the phone cut out right at the end.

So, here's a written-down version of my week. Karratha, as we came to find out, becomes a literal ghost town the week of Christmas. We spent one day knocking on doors, and I think 5 answered. However, we were able to get in to see Brother Tupou and his family! (Brother Tupou is a member, but his children aren't yet.) We've picked them up as investigators and began teaching them on Saturday. They are a really fun family to teach. They're also moving to Sydney later in January, so...

Monday was Christmas Eve! We were invited by President Pilkington (Branch president) and his family over for dinner. We had a great time. President has a lot of instruments at his house, but doesn't know how to play many of them. He asked if I played anything. (Why yes I do. Clarinet.) And he had one! And requested that I try it out, and make sure that it works. (By all means, if you insist.) Christmas day! We woke up. I thought, oh, yay, it's Christmas! Elder Pasina called his family in Tonga, got to talk to them. I opened the door to look outside and decided that someone had forgotten to order the "white" for the season. This is the first Christmas I've spent with the A/C on :D

We were invited over to a family's house for lunch, the Clarkes. I love that family as well. We had turkey and potatoes and stuffing and "fizzy drink" (soda). We chilled for a little while on the couches, and played a couple rounds of Uno with them. Unexpectedly, they gave us a gift! Chocolate and a gift card :)

So, overall, it's been a very nice Christmas. I miss getting together with the family back home, but it was nice up here as well :)

Today is Boxing day. (No, I haven't boxed yet.)

Tomorrow, is pretty much the only Normal day this week! Friday, Elder Pasina and I get to fly down to Perth, for some special mission training, and to go to the temple! Then, Saturday, I come back up. With another missionary. Elder Pasina's being transferred! We got a call a while back, telling us. He's being transferred 2 weeks early, to somewhere (unknown), with someone (unknown also) as his companion. I'll be up here still, with someone else (Also unknown also). We don't know all the reasons behind it, but the earliness has to do with the cost of plane tickets back and forth. (saving money.)

So! That's going to be fun. Even better, this new missionary who I'll be with will be giving a talk this Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. Whee! It's going to be great.

We're excited for the next few weeks, though. That's when everyone who's left town for the holidays is supposed to get back. And that means our investigators as well!

I love you all, and again, I loved being able to call :) Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment