Sunday, December 2, 2012

On the 3rd Day of Christmas

I got sent to the Pilbara :)

It's been really intense up here, so far! Karratha is the northernmost area a missionary here can go to. And the hottest. I got off the plane, and was physically slapped by it. Yes, we're wearing hats and lots of sunscreen up here. Elder Pasina is pretty cool, he's from Tonga. My first night here, we went over and met President Pilkington. Karratha is a branch, but a growing branch! Let me tell you, it was a very packed meetinghouse yesterday. (Plans are in the works to build an extension.) President Pilkington is ON IT when it comes to missionary work. Also, he has a 5 year old son who everyone, (myself included) thinks he looks like me. Haha.

Elder Pasina and I are on Bikes! And no one really knows why. Our area, if you look on Google Earth, covers a chunk of WA visible from space. And we're on bikes. But we're making the most of it. The members in the branch are very nice, and help us out when we need a lift somewhere far. It's going to be really fun here :)

We're spending a lot of time tracting right now, trying to find some new investigators. There were a lot of baptisms happening here recently, and so the area is definitely "ripe for the harvest." We've just got to find them :) The majority of the people here are workers, out on the mines, industrial area, or building homes for those working in the mines. There are a Lot of company trucks driving around.

Christmas is coming! We're preparing and inviting people to come to a branch Christmas party at the chapel this Friday. This is definitely going to be the most interesting Christmas I have ever seen in my life.

Well, that's been my week. I love you all! And Happy Birthday to Scott! 18!

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment