Sunday, December 16, 2012

The End of the World

On the 21st. Or so I've heard. I've also heard the 12th, 22nd, January 5th, and 2036. People are funny.

So, another week up here in Karratha. Elder Pasina and I are still trying to find some new investigators. We've actually had really great success from tracting these past two weeks! However, all of those that we found are going out of town for Christmas. Luckily, they come back soon :)

We go with our ward mission leader a couple of times a week and do a "bread run." A local bakery has a lot of extra bread from the day, and we take it around the community and give it to people. It really helps people to recognise us, and develop a good relationship with them. At the same time, we invite them to come to church. We've met some nice people, members, etc. Also, several members have been going around and befriending people, bringing them along as well! Yesterday, Kelvin, a recent convert, brought his father to Sacrament Meeting. He really enjoyed the service, and he's very supportive of his son. Also, we found a part-member family in the branch. We invited them, and the whole family came to church! We're going to start teaching the two younger kids this week. They're pretty cool.

It's getting to be pretty hard to stay busy all day, every day. We've just about finished tracting the entire reachable portion of this area. Things will pick up after Christmas, when all of our investigators return, but for now it's slow.

Oh yeah, on Saturday I discovered why we keep getting told to wear sunscreen up here. I was out for 30 minutes without it, and my arms Roasted.

I can't believe the year's just about over! And I've almost been out for 10 months! It's crazy.

I love you all, and I hope you're all enjoying the snow, and the 32F degree weather, back there! We get dust storms, and 32C degree weather! (I'm dreaming of a red Christmas?) We've been sharing a Christmas message with people, the past little while. What a wonderful time to reflect on our Savior's birth, and all that came with it.

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment