Monday, October 8, 2012

The week in review

Happy Monday, everyone :)

So Elder Bangerter and I have been trying to contact our potentials this week, without much success. Nobody's home. So, it's back to tracting. And contacting. Still trying to work hard.

Our appointment with David and Lisa fell through, unfortunately. Something came up, and they had to cancel.

On the plus side, some fun new finding ideas came into play this week; One, I went on exchanges with another missionary in the district, Elder Rigby. He's from Idaho. We had a fun time out and about. We found some really cool people, and he is really good at starting a conversation with them. We were contacting people on the train, too! (Right now there is a carnival thing going on up in Perth, so the normally empty station has people getting on the trains this week.) I think one of the nicest responses there is to hear when you give them a passalong card, is "I'm definitely going to look this up!" So it's a positive contact :)

Second, This Friday was pretty fun for a lot of the district; Elder Ariki, who finishes his mission this weekend, went down to the city center, and Soapboxed! President Lindsay gave him permission, and he taught the missionary lessons to everyone in earshot. Then another missionary was singing some hymns in between, and about 4 other missionaries were contacting everyone nearby. I think there were actually a few referrals that came out of it.

I'm really excited for this weekend, We've all been hearing about General Conference from the members and emails and such! Lucky you all, getting to see it a week earlier :D

So the mission age has changed... Wow! Mind blowing! It's going to be so cool in the next while. Plus, General conference is just awesome! I love hearing the apostles and prophet speak. And I think it's good for investigators as well, to "come listen to a prophets voice."

I'm pretty sure that the weather is broken. I'm not sure if it's fall, spring, or summer! (The leaves are coming off some of the trees, the flowers are blooming, and some days it's really really hot.) Right now, happily, it's nice. Sounds like things are seriously cooling down in Utah, though!

Transfers is next week, I'll probably be staying, though. But will I still be in a 4-man flat? Tune in next week to find out.

I love you all :) Have a good week!

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment