Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lots of almosts

Hi there! So hopefully everyone has calmed down by now, :D I hope we have out here, too.

Tuesday we spent probably half of on a train, headed to Perth. Again. Whee! We had to go talk to the church attorney so they could put a statement together for us. The goal of that is so that we don't need to be brought in a bunch of times to talk to the police, they can just go get our statement. Hopefully this is the end of that particular chapter.

The rest of the week, we spent on our bikes! Elder Segi and I realised, for the first time, how big this area actually is. And why there was a car. In one day we biked 43 kilometers! (almost 27 miles) Now that's a lot of biking. However, we have been getting good results from it! We have found two new investigators this week! One is named JD, he is the grandson of a recent convert in the ward. He is 10. Actually, we had quite the time finding him. We went over originally to the grandfather's house, in a very far corner of this area, to Meet him. He invited us inside, and called JD over, "Time for a lesson." JD comes over with his scriptures, and sits down. Now, we had no idea what was going on, but we rolled with it and taught him one of the lessons. Turns out that he'd been a little a while back, but something came up and they had to stop. Now he's decided on his own that he wants to learn them still! Cool! Elder Segi and I are excited about that.

We looked it over, and have realised that we have 3 ALMOST baptisms! We just need to set a date :D

Friday we had Zone conference! President Lindsay came down to Rockingham, and the Rockingham, Bunbury, and Southern River Zones came to receive training, instruction, and Sister Lindsay's brownies. One highlight from the conference: In regards to sharing the gospel: "Be a little Boulder." We all got little boulders to carry around.

I saw a lot of missionaries I knew :) My trainer and my entire intake were at the conference. Cool.

I can tell that it's becoming a lot more like summer now. A member described what happens pretty well. It'll be pretty warm most of the summer, and then you'll get some days where it shoots up to the mid-30's. And then there's about a dozen or so days where it's around 40. (40C=104F) We experienced that this week. I have an awesome tan line where my watch is.

Oh, hahaha, I just remembered- Saturday was Sister Parson's birthday. The zone leaders and I and my companion got together, They took the sisters out to dinner, and we went to their flat and redecorated the ceiling with christmas ornaments. And put chocolate coins everywhere.

The sisters loved it when they got home. And Sister Parsons still has no idea who did it. ;)

So that has been my week. It's been pretty fun! And I can't wait for this coming week, we're expecting some great things to happen.

So I hear there's snow in Utah right now? Someone had better go skiing pretty soon.

I love you all, and miss you! Have a happy halloween!

Elder Daniel Reeder

PS-By the way, Daylight Savings does not exist here.

No comments:

Post a Comment