Sunday, October 14, 2012

Here, There and Everywhere!

Hi, everybody! This week... Man. It's been busy.

A couple of weeks ago, we'd gone "service tracting," to see if we could get any potentials through that. We found one older couple, but they told us to come back this week. So Wednesday, we went over and mowed their back lawn for them. The man was so impressed and grateful, he said that no one had ever offered to help like that before! They were so nice, and we ended up having lunch with them. They said we could come back this next week to share our message with them :) This is the first time they've ever payed attention to missionaries, they said. Wow!

This weekend was the busiest, though. Friday, Elder Ariki went home! And then, Elder McNamee, who was his companion, went up to Queen's park until Transfers. Elder Bangerter and I helped them pack and move all their stuff out. Then, Friday Night, Elder Bangerter gets a call. He's being transferred! To Albany, which is about as far south as you can go in Australia before you hit ocean. He's excited! Albany, I've heard, is awesome. So he started packing.

General Conference was incredible! I absolutely loved it. I'm so excited to have 18-year old missionaries coming out! :D I think my favorite talk was by Jeffery R. Holland. Priesthood session, however, I have no idea. We had issues with the disc that it was on, and so we ended up hearing about every 5th word. And a frozen picture. President Uchtdorf was saying something about a piper cub plane... That's about all I got. Darn. Thank goodness for the Ensign.

And, as always, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was beautiful.

Sunday, we get a call from the Assistants. Elder Bangerter is actually leaving Monday Morning, from Perth! So that means that I have to pack a bit, too, because I can't be here alone, I'll have to go up to Perth with him. Hahaha, ironically, Sunday was the one day that we had completely booked. Some other elders in the district went on splits with us, to go to a couple different people.

So we get all packed, and leave Sunday night. We stayed the night up with some elders in Dianella, near the mission office. I still had to get sunday corellation done up there. Monday morning (today) Elder Bangerter left on a bus, for the ~5 hour trip down to Albany. I'll be spending the next few days here, in Dianella, with the elders, until Transfers. As I write this, I'm still waiting to hear from the zone leaders as to who my new companion is. What a weekend!

Because Elder Ariki and McNamee are no longer around, we've inherited their area as well. Suddenly we have a whole bunch of new investigators! Whee!

So I'm kind of a mental mess right now, trying to get a hang on everything. I should be getting used to this kind of thing by now, hahaha! Hope you're all doing well!

Love, Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment