Monday, September 10, 2012

Kwinana Banana

So here I am now, in the town of Kwinana, in Western Australia. More specifically, in Leda suburb. Leda is a very quiet place. And I mean QUIET. Right now, we have I think 3 investigators.

Our area is actually split into two areas right now (due to a lot of new missionaries coming in a while back), so I'm in a four-man flat. With me are Elder Bangerter, Elder Ariki, and Elder McNamee. Elder Bangerter is my companion. He's pretty cool. Very quiet. He's been out just longer than me. Also, this is Elder Ariki's last transfer.

And I'm district leader. So far it's been ok. Kind of a trial-by-fire thing. The zone leaders came by and explained how to do some things, and what my responsibilities are. Then, last night, I did correlation with the district. Ouch. It's pretty tough if you don't know everything you're supposed to be getting. It's all good, though. All figured out.

There is a lot of responsibility involved in this. I need to be an example for the other missionaries in this district, and to be able to help them in their efforts as well.

This coming week we're going to be working a lot on finding new people to teach. Our goal is to make this area "where it's happening." ;)

So, new week, new place. I hope you're all doing well :)

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment