Monday, September 10, 2012

A New Horizon (for everyone!)

Guess what? This week has been AWESOME. Mostly.

So, Tangate's boyfriend from QLD flew out on Tuesday. His name is Pat. Long story short, he is a new investigator! We've been very careful to make sure that he wants to be baptised for the right reasons. He does. Yesterday everyone came to church, including Pat. He really enjoyed it (Fast and Testimony Meeting. Very good), and then we went over after church, and taught the restoration to him. He prayed for the first time there, too!

Also, Leon received the priesthood! And Tangate, Leon, Alisha, and Sis. Hembrow are all going to the temple on Wednesday to do baptisms! I think everyone's on a spiritual high right now, it's great.

We've been working a lot with less-active members this week, too. One story- We ran into a lady at the train station, who'd been in the area for 2 years, and didn't know there was a chapel around! We got a ride for her and her son, and they stayed for the whole 3-hour block. She seemed pretty happy. And the son loved having sunday school with us. Cool.

So. in other news, This past week was my 6-month mark! Wow!

Also, this week is TRANSFERS. I think the whole district was pretty excited for it, seeing what would happen, who's going where, etc.

And pretty much everybody is going everywhere!

Elder Beck and Elder Evans are being doubled out, both going to Kalgoorlie! Elder Templeton, a Zone Leader, is going to be training, with another zone leader as well. This means there will be a 4-man companionship! Holy Cow! Elder Iumalo is staying in Kelmscott.

Guess what's happening to me?

I'm going to Kwinana! (I have no idea where that is. Near Rockingham?) And not only that, I got a call from President Lindsay. I'm going to be in Kwinana, serving as District Leader. :O

Wow. I'm excited, and nervous.

Man, I've been in this area for 6 months now! I'm going to miss it. But There'll be some good work to do out in the new area, as well :)

So that's the week out here :) Still working hard! Happy Fathers Day! (It's this week, here.)

Love, Elder Reeder

Oh, by the way, I got a new camera. I actually found the exact same one at the store. So. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment