Friday, August 3, 2012

Woohoo!

Good evening!

I don't think transfers had anything to do with it, but this week has been pretty slow. a LOT of people we visit and teach weren't around. Or cancelled appointments. So we did a lot of tracting. We met some interesting people though.

Elder Iumalo is awesome. He came out at the same time as me. We've had a lot of fun teaching lessons together so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the transfer. He is originally from Samoa, but grew up in New Zealand. He joined the church about a year and a half ago, in Sydney, and gave up playing Rugby there to come on a mission. He has an amazing testimony of the gospel, that we've shared with some of the people we teach. He's one of the overall happiest people I've met here. Part of our studies in the morning includes language study, so he can improve his English. It's pretty fun, and I now have sympathy for my English teachers :D

Tatiana was baptised! It was such a great evening. Elder Iumalo and I biked up the hill to the chapel (this was a Serious hill) to start the font. I turned on the water, and suddenly there was a BANG! and a spark. I called the ward mission leader, he didn't know what it could've been. Turns out the water heater gave up. Whee! It was a very spiritual experience, though. We even had a couple of nonmembers show up! I got to baptise her. She was really happy. Afterwards, they went to dinner at Sizzlers.

And then the whole family showed up for church on sunday, for the confirmation. Even better :)

I'm so excited! I had my first baptism!

Oh! Last monday we went to a Dairy farm! and got to milk cows. Really! We got to milk cows. And drive a quad (four-wheeler.) and drink REALLY FRESH MILK. In Australia. It was awesome. A couple of ward members work there, and invited us over.

Hmm. Yeah, so that's pretty much this week. The Flu has hit Perth, officially. 3 of our investigators, and a lot of ward members caught the bug. Really slowed us down. But we're pushing for a great week this week! We have a Family Home Evening lesson tonight, with Sister Hembrow, her children, and a friend she just met, from Fiji! Sister Hembrow is totally into missionary work now :)

All right! Hope you all have a great week as well! Love yous :)

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment