Monday, July 9, 2012

March of the Minis

Wow, it's hectic right now!

This week, we have been driving all over with the other elders. First of all, President Lindsay is here! On Friday, we drove down to Rockingham and had another zone conference, in which we were able to meet him and receive training and instruction from him. Also his wife, and his son, Robbie. Totally just like on tv. We've all caught his vision for the mission :D

Saturday, we went over to Thornlie, where the stake center is, and began mini-missions! Pretty much every missionary in our zone has a mini-missionary, sisters included. My companion is "elder" Williams. He's 16, and totally excited to go on a mission when he's 19. We've had some great fun tracting, contacting, and teaching lessons so far. Tonight we're going over to Tautiana and her family and teaching them. He'll be with me until Wednesday, when we drive back down to Rockingham. Again. Whee!

Since every missionary has a mini-missionary with them, transportation is tricky. (It's a bit hard to fit 8 people in a 5-person car... With luggage...) After a short MTC experience at the stake center, we took the train back to our area. Somehow elder Williams and I managed to take a train back up to the stake center, instead of transferring to another train. Oops.

We found some really cool people this week! We ran into a man named Basilio, from the Dominican Republic. He absolutely loves families, thinks they're one of the most important things in the world. We taught him a little about how families can be together forever, and he was really interested. Elder Naruo and his mini are going over tonight. He is awesome.

On a sadder note, we lost Nathaniel. His mom called us, yelled, swore, and told us she never wants us to come back, because she got offended at the church several years ago and does not want anything to do with it anymore. We were really making progress with Nathaniel. We're praying he'll be able to decide for himself.

So, I've been having fun times with my bike this week. And several other bikes. You all know what "goatheads" are, right? (sharp, pointy plant things.) They're called "double-G's" here. Anyway, I found 5 in my rear tire. Greeeaaat. So. I bought a new tire tube. And then my front tire gave up and exploded. I'm out of patches now. Fun times. I'm so grateful for people we know around here, though! The front one died while we were in a member's home, and they gave me a new tube! And I got another one from an investigator :D

We've been doing a lot of contacting on the streets, and I'm really trying to get better at walking up and starting a conversation with people. Slowly but surely :)

So I've heard there's a lot of fires going on in Colorado and Utah! Everyone ok? Nothing bad here yet, besides a storm that took out a few sheds and roofs.

Well, have another great week! I am :)

Take it easy, Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment