Sunday, July 15, 2012

A 10-minute dissertation on the Lamentations of Jeremiah

Hahaha, not really, but President Smibert would ask missionaries to do that (he was joking too)

Part 2 of the mini-missions: I really enjoyed it! My mini and I had a great time teaching Tautiana, and tracting, and contacting, and all that missionary stuff. We even found a new potential investigator, that He contacted! His name is Aiden. He likes boxing. He told us that he was nervous about death, because he doesn't want to be in a bad spot. He was totally keen to talk with us. We're trying to get ahold of him and set up an appointment this week.

The Flu has been going All Over the place here; Apparently it's the worst epedemic in 10 years in Perth. Elder Naruo had it for a few days, he's just now getting over it. Several investigators caught it. Not fun.

We met with the Bishop yesterday, to discuss some of the families we're teaching- Tautiana will be baptised this Friday! Woohoo! We just need to get everything sorted with interviews, etc.

We had to postpone Zach's baptism. We're having difficulties in contacting the family, and after discussion with Bishop, we need to hold off on it. :(

David is so close to baptism! We've been meeting with him, and he's ALMOST quit smoking! We're still helping him along with the word of wisdom, and we're reading with him from the book of mormon when we go over. I can't wait to get him there!

Also, we're experiencing the fun delights of false addresses! We had 2 this week, including Basilio. They were totally into us coming over and teaching their families, and sent us to someone else's house. Darn.

Mini-adventure: I got a package this past week! Thanks, family! By the way, just because I didn't know this either, apparently pop-its are Illegal Fireworks in Australia! Hahaha! And I have some! No one knows how they got through customs. So... yeah... The zone leaders snagged a box. I got a call from them about an hour later, asking how to use them. "Uh, you Throw them on the Ground." "Ohhh! We were trying to burn them! There's that bit on the top that you're supposed to light?" Hi five for aussies :D

So it's been a bit of a rollercoaster week. Not sure where it's going. \

But.

I still have a testimony of this gospel.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and that by following his example, through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the holy ghost, and enduring to the end, we can live with him again someday.

I know that the gospel blesses families, and helps to build them up stronger, and closer together, in love.

I am grateful for the book of mormon, and I know that it contains the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven, and that I can ask him for help and comfort, whenever I need it, and that he will give it to me.

This has kept me happy throughout my life, and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to share this with others.

I say all this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Daniel Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment