Thursday, December 19, 2013

On the...16th? day of Christmas

I think I got mixed up somewhere along that line...

Anyway!

How is everyone going? I'm excited for Christmas. Last night, we all were able to watch the first presidency Christmas Devotional. Personally, I think this is one of my favourite parts of Christmas. I love hearing the songs by the choir, as well as the messages from those who spoke. It always helps me feel more like it's really Christmas :) I really liked Elder Rasband's words on remembering the reason for the season: "How will we worship Him this season? Endlessly shopping? Hustling about and adorning our homes? Will that be our tribute to our Savior? Or will we bring peace to troubled hearts, good will to those in need of higher purpose, glory to God in our willingness to do His bidding? Jesus put it simply: “Come, follow me.”

Elder Liehr and I have been working more with the members in the ward, this week. Christmas is coming, of course, and so people are out of town. One of the best ways that we've found to help members share that love and spirit they have, is sharing a Christmas message with them, and inviting them to bring a friend by for Christmas, or to an activity. This week, we also had our ward Christmas party. One of our investigators, Darrel, came along as well! We're meeting him later this week, and we'll be able to start properly teaching him. He really wants to learn, I think.

The weather's been truly heating up. Today it's supposed to be 39C (102F). Woohoo. I'm relieved, however, because one of the young men told us there was a heat wave headed this way, and temperatures were going to be in the 50's! Fortunately, this was a joke, and we will not be melting after all.

This week is looking up. We have a few appointments with investigators, and I'm looking forward to it. I love you all, have a great week and a merry Christmas!

Love,

Elder Daniel Reeder

Ps: By popular demand (mom), here is the other 11 days of an aussie Christmas:

On the First day: An Emu, up a gum tree!
On the 2nd day: 2 Pink Galahs
On the 3rd day: 3 Jabirus
On the 4th day: 4 Kookaburras
On the 5th day: Five Kangaroos!
On the 6th day: 6 Platypuses
On the 7th day: 7 Koalas Climbing
On the 8th day: 8 Dingoes Dancing
On the 9th day: 9 wombats working
On the 10th day: 10 Lizards Leaping
On the 11th day: 11 Numbats Nagging
On the 12th day: 12 Parrots Prattling
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment