Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The week in review

Hi, all :)

This week has been a bit of a wake-up call. Things are starting to wear out on me, hahaha!

Saturday, Elder Tipene and I went on exchanges with the District Leader and his companion. I was with Elder Mason in Rockingham West, which was fun, seeing as how I'd served there before. Unfortunately, not much happened, as my body decided it was going to be sick that day. Not going into details, I'm not too keen on bacon right now. :) Elders Mason and Tipene gave me a blessing, and I'm feeling much better today.

However, that morning, We had a wonderful lesson with an investigator of the sisters, Taylor. She was interviewed, and she's going to be baptised this Saturday! (Remember, Taylor's the girl who went on the mini-mission a while back.) She's got amazing fellowship with another young woman, who is also a recent convert.

This week we managed to get in touch with another one of our investigators too, Jason Teatonga. Jason's been meeting with the missionaries for a long time, and has a pretty cool story. He knows the Book of Mormon is true. He has a very strong testimony of the gospel. We're trying to help him act on it now. He has a problem with smoking that he has to overcome first. But he's a really nice guy, who loves the missionaries. We talked with him about baptism this week, and he agreed that it was something he wanted to do. Hopefully we can get him to that point soon :)

Talking of things wearing out, my bike has just about had it. 6300 k's of riding later, and suddenly the chain just bends. I took it into the bike shop, and they were pretty impressed by the mileage. They also told me it'd be $176 to repair the chain, chainwheel (next to the pedals), and rear sprocket (gears on the back wheel). Ha. In the end, I became proficient at using pliers to bend the chain back again. Lucky there are lots of bike parts in the shed at our flat.

I had a temple recommend interview on Tuesday. It was good to meet with President for that :) We also discussed a bit about the work in this area. He gave some good ideas to follow, to help us try and get things happening in this area.

Aaand, that's pretty much been my week. I'm actually looking forward to this week more than others; I don't really know why. I just think it's going to be better :) I love you all! Have a great day! The church is true!

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment