Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween

G'day, everybody :) Elder Reeder here, with another report from the outback.

So I'm in Rockingham again! I have officially been in every area in this district, now. Kwinana, Rockingham East, and Rockingham West. (I think I know the ward pretty well now :) ) Elder Tipene is a cool guy. He's Kiwi, living in NSW. He's a chef back home, so he knows his food.

We've already gotten off to a good start this week, with a baptism! Elder Iumalo and his companion were actually the missionaries who first began teaching him, and Elder Tipene and I were the missionaries that got to be there for the baptism. His name is Jackson Enua. He is from the Cook Islands. His family are all members in the ward, so it was really great to see him make the decision for himself as well.

I'm really hoping that I remain here for the remainder of my mission. Rockingham is an amazing place to be in. Hahaha, everyone remembers me, too! Several people came up and said, "Welcome back!" So it's been pretty easy this time to get to know the new area :D

The only difference about Rockingham East now, is that it's been split. We used to cover Rockingham, Cooloongup, Hillman, and Waikiki suburbs. Now, sister missionaries have been brought into the ward and they've taken Waikiki. Which is great, they've got some great investigators there. But they've gotten All of our investigators. Our teaching pool has suddenly been emptied of everything. Bummer. Fortunately for us, the ward's been great with referrals lately. So we'll still be working hard finding and teaching.

So, halloween is this weekend! I was here last year for the ward activity, a trunk or treat. It's amazing every year :) Lots of nonmembers show up to it too, so it's a good chance to chat with them.

Well, I love you all! Hope everything is going well back home.

Love,

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment