Sunday, March 3, 2013

One Year and Counting

Hey there! Today is March 4th, and I have officially been out for one year. Incredible! And I agree, the time is going very fast indeed. :O

We've had a somewhat eventful week up here in Karratha. Rusty, a Category 4 cyclone, sent us some welcome clouds and wind. It also narrowly missed Port Hedland, which is about an hour north.

Also, today is Labor Day. Sunday was very quiet, since many people took advantage of the long weekend and left. We almost had a lesson with Zayden and his family this week, but they had to cancel, and then left town themselves. They're coming back today, though, and told us to come by this afternoon. So we're going to go by this afternoon.

We keep running into Anthony and Kilian, those two french guys Elder Richmond met. They're really cool, and I think they're interested in coming to church at some point. I don't speak french very well yet, ;) but they seem pretty keen. We're still working with Carlo, as well.

So, the past little while, we've been getting quite a few people swearing at us from their cars, telling us "Go get a real job," etc. as well as a few letters saying similar delivered to the chapel. I would just like to take this opportunity to say that I know that there is NO better place that I could be right now, than here. I Know that what I am doing is what my Heavenly Father wants me to be doing, that is, going around and sharing the truths of the gospel with everyone around me.

I love you all :)

Elder Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment